- Category: TNRSEF
- Published: Wednesday, 13 December 2017 16:05
- Written by Terra
- Hits: 168
Volunteers: Fair Committee and Teams
Volunteers: Event Helpers
College and graduate students, internships give you real-world experience and make a difference in the lives of so many people! Whether you are looking for a one-credit opp to complete in the 10 days preceding the fair and the two days following, or a four-credit semester challenge immersed in the entire fair management process, you will have a rich experience. Contact the Fair Director today! LINK
>> TNRSEF fair flyer PDF
You may judge in a group that does not include your family or students. Just click to our Judges link in the nav bar and register! We need many judges on Fair Day, so you could make a huge difference.
Chaperones, parents and teachers, siblings, people interested in launching a local fair back home ... YOU are welcome to VOLUNTEER with the TNRSEF!
- Fair Committee and Teams
We need at least 15 team chairs and 20-30 additional members to get everything ready for Fair Day, let students in nine counties know about the opportunities, and recruit judges to interview them! Great people are drawn to our work - come meet them and join in the fun!
Chairs attend the monthly Committee meetings. Team members work directly with their team chair on whatever schedule you work out together.
- Site arrangements: Meetings with SUNY Potsdam staff for rules of use, logistics, room layouts, signage, tables/chairs, AV, parking guidelines, refreshments/meals
- IT and STEM Wizard: Software management of fair operations and registration
- Outreach/PR: Media list? Warm calls? Connections to school districts?
- Sponsor Event: Luncheon featuring keynote as a draw with potential sponsors, event hosts so they can meet the kids and see our operation … and come on board with $ for 2019
- Judge recruitment
- Judging: Judge assignment/training/deliberation (Senior, Junior, Topic/Special Awards)
- Volunteers: Recruitment/assignment/management
- Awards - securing/processing/presenting/reporting
- Awards Ceremony: Keynote, Presentations, Program
- Event Helpers
- Fair Week Saints (verify registration, prep awards for presentation finalize/mount signage)
- Friday Helpers (setting up every part of the fair)
- Saturday Helpers:
- One videographer + aide: Capture footage all day for our fair videos
- Still Photographers (2-4): Take candids and formals all day
- Data entry and processing (2-4): Train that week, 10a-5p on Saturday
- Student Registration (6-8): Morning
- Judge Registration (3-4): Morning
- Security (12-14): Late morning and most of afternoon
- Awards processing (6-8): Training at noon, the process results and prep awards until Awards Ceremony
- Calligraphy for certificates (4-6): Afternoon
- Host Awards Ceremony (4-6): Afternoon for final set and tech check, blocking student seating, ushering students to stage and photo station and back to seats during ceremony
- Host Volunteer Station/Information Table (4): Field questions, direct students, judges, media and guests
Email the Fair Director with questions ... or to find out when the next committee meeting is!